BEAUDESERT PARROT & FINCH ASSOCIATION'S
10th ANNUAL BIRD SALE
Sunday 9th November 2014
The BIGGEST bird sale in Queensland!*
Buyers & sellers come from all over Queensland & interstate for this major event on the avicultural calendar!
Beaudesert Showground, Albert Street, Beaudesert, Queensland
HUNDREDS OF BIRDS will be on sale direct from the breeders: native & exotic parrots, alexandrines, finches, lorikeets, conures, indian ringnecks, lovebirds, bourkes', kakarikis, neophemas, red-rumped parrots, cockatiels, rosellas, budgerigars, quail, doves, hand-raised pet birds, breeding pairs, licenced & non-licenced birds plus many more!
ALL bird-keeping supplies will be on sale: cages, aviaries, feeders, drinkers, catching nets, nestboxes, carry boxes, bird toys, pet bird hammocks, hand-rearing mix, wormers, bird-safe insecticide, diet supplements, avian vitamins, lory food, ALL birdseed in up to 20kg bags.
HOT AND COLD FOOD AND DRINKS, and Coffee Angels will be providing freshly-brewed coffee!
Major raffle prizes (drawn after 12n)
Cent Auction starts 11.30am.
- Bird sale duration 9am to 12noon. NO viewing time.
- Trade stands open to the public from 7.30am to 12noon.
- Bird vendors can table their birds from 5pm to 8.30pm Saturday, & 6am to 8.30am Sunday.
Admission $2 - children under 14 FREE!
Unlimited FREE off-street parking. Disabled access.
Bird vendor tables $15 each. Trade stands/spaces $20 to $45 each depending on size.
EFT/Direct bank deposit available.
Please note: NO bookings taken until August 2014.
In accordance with Queensland law, all buyers & sellers of permitted native birds must produce a Recreational Wildlife Licence at entry. All permitted birds must be accompanied by a Movement Advice in transit to & from the Sale venue.
It is illegal to sell or breed hybrid/crossbreed birds in Queensland. No unweaned birds allowed to be sold at this sale. BPFA decision is final. Bird Sale Code of Practice applies.
Please add this page to your 'favourites' & check back regularly for more details.
*Previous Beaudesert Bird Sale statistics, e.g.2010:
- 77 bird vendor tables (the record for a bird sale in Queensland);
- In excess of 1500 birds tabled;
- Over 1500 people through the doors;
- A count of finches tabled, as part of The 2nd Exotic and Native Finch and Softbill Census 2010 was conducted at this sale: 346 individual birds, comprising 210 native & 136 exotic. Count conducted by QFS' Christine Leeper.
Click here for more info on the sale venue and Beaudesert!